Introduction to Chart Reports
A chart report is similar to tabular reports, however the data is presented graphically using charts rather than in a table.
Chart reports are a great way of presenting your data visually. This enables an 'at a glance' view of performance across your organisation. Chart reports can group key entities such as organisation, department, manager and user for comparison.
How to Access the Chart Reports
To identify the two different types of report, chart reports are represented using a bar graph icon and tabular reports represented using a table icon.
There are 5 default chart reports available to all users (subject to their reporting scope). An additional report, Usage by Month, is available to Super Administrators. Administrators and Report Administrators can copy (save as) these reports if the want to customise them to fit your organisation's requirements.
The default reports available are:
- Activity Completion Status
- Assessment Status
- CPD Dashboard
- Form Completions
- Pathway Completion Status
- Usage By Month (Super Administrators only)
It is also possible for Administrators and Report Administrators to create their own chart reports either from existing tabular reports or from scratch (see the Creating Chart Reports user guide).
Finding Chart Reports
You can click on the Charts filter on the left of your screen to help you find the chart reports and hide the tabular versions.
Hint: you will need to be in All Reports view to view the charts if you haven't already identified any of these versions as Favourites.
Tip: Remember, you can mark a report as a favourite to help you locate it quicker in future. Clicking on the star icon to the left of the report, marks it as a favourite and the star will turn yellow.
Your Favourite Reports will be the default view next time you navigate to the Reports area.
Running Chart Reports
Just like tabular reports, to run a chart report click on the report title.
When the report opens, you will be able to see the charts straight away and can apply filters using the options at the top of the page to refine your results.
Please see below for an explanation for the different parts of the screen.
- Filters - Use the filters to refine your data. The filters will vary depending on the report type you select however, you will see the Organisation Unit. The Organisation Unit filter will show your organisation structure and enable you to filter down to a specific Team, or Business Area.
- Group by - How you wish to present data in groups for comparison. Each group is presented as a different chart card containing one or more charts. Changing the group will pivot and summarise the data accordingly, for example, by person or course.
- Legend - Description of the colours represented in the charts. Values will change depending on the report selected.
- Chart Card - Chart representation of the data being reported on. The chart and data displayed will be determined by the type of report and the filters selected. One or more charts may be presented in a single card.
- Download PDF - Download a PDF version of the report as displayed in the preview. Whatever is displayed will be what is exported to the PDF document.
- Graph/Table Toggle - Sitting behind every chart report is the tabular version. Quickly toggle between the two views using these buttons.
Hovering over a chart will display the quantitative data label as represented in the chart. For example when running the Assessment Status report, referring to the legend, red represents the number of users who have failed an assessment whereas green represents the number of users who have passed an assessment.
When hovering over a segment of the chart, the exact quantity and percentage of total number of users is shown for that segment.