Enabling Activity Ratings
Activity Ratings is a self-service feature, meaning it can be enabled (or disabled) by a Super Administrator.
To enable discussions:
- From the Menu click on Site Settings
- Select Activity Ratings from the left hand menu
- Ensure the Enable Activity Ratings switch is showing in the On position - this will be the option in green (see screenshot below).
- Choose whether to allow all users to view individual ratings and average ratings on activities. These can be viewed from the activity description page once you've clicked on an activity title in Find Learning.
- Finally, select for how many stars (if any) it will be mandatory to leave a comment after rating. The default is 3 but this can be changed from the dropdown menu.
- Save your changes.
Using the Ratings TabOnce the activity ratings feature has been 'switched on' in Site Settings, all current activities and any new activities which are eligible for activity ratings will be set to allow for activity ratings to be left by default. This includes licenced content. Users who have permission to create or upload activities will be able to activate or deactivate the activity ratings for an individual activity. Only Super Administrators will have permission to disable the activity ratings feature from licenced content.
To disable the ability for users to leave ratings for an individual activity:
- Navigate to the activity within the Content Manager area
- Click on the activity title to edit the activity settings, .
- Navigate to the Ratings tab using the menu on the left.
- Remove the tick from the tick box next to Allow ratings for this activity.
- Click on Save.
Here administrators can view the average rating along with individual user ratings and comments. Use the filter to view a specific star rating.
Should you need to delete a comment, click on the rubbish bin icon to the right of the comment.